To our patients and community members:
We are again able to let you know that due to the measures the tribal government and you have taken, we have not received report of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on the reservation. There is evidence that containment strategies such as social distancing and the Stay at Home order in Washington state have lowered the rate of virus transmission. It is important, for now, to maintain these practices.
Your physical, mental, and spiritual health are important to us. Over the last several weeks, the Chehalis Tribal Wellness Center have instituted several measures and are continually updating our process to reflect the most up-to-date standards of care to protect you when you are at the clinic.
Please review the following changes:
- Our staff are cleaning between every visit. We wipe down our rooms, scales, door handles and work areas regularly and between visits. We are all wearing masks, goggles, and gloves with patient contacts and of course practicing good hand hygiene as always.
- All patients who enter the building for a medical reason are given a mask to wear if they do not already have one. If you have your own mask, please wear it to the clinic to help us preserve our supply.
- Although we are still limiting in-person visits to sick and urgent care needs, we have the option of providing an appointment with you over the phone or by telemedicine to support your other health needs. Please call the clinic to schedule your appointment and our staff will help you determine the best option.
- If anyone is sick with cough or cold symptoms, we are still requesting that you call the clinic FIRST for additional instructions.
- Most check ins will be done from your phone or car. If you arrive in the parking lot, just call 360-273-5504 and our front desk will check you in. Our nursing staff will then meet you at the door or in your car.
- If you come to the clinic door, please stop at the sign so that a staff member can greet you to ask you several screening questions, some families will be asked to remain in their vehicles where an exam can be conducted.
- Pharmacy is working on providing 90-day supplies on your chronic/non-scheduled drugs when possible.
- Medications will be taken out to your car. In-home nurse visits and/or medication delivery may be provided to anyone at risk, isolated or quarantined.
- We do have emergency contraception available at the clinic and if you are in need of any form of birth control, please contact the pharmacy or clinic.
- Dental is limited to dental emergencies only. No routine dental care or hygiene cleanings.
These changes are in an effort to protect you, the community, and our staff by limiting the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your support.
We will continue to update you with further information or changes as they occur. Thank you for allowing us to participate in your care.
If you have ANY questions, please call the CTWC at 360-273-5504. We are your medical home and are here to help support you and your family in this challenging time. For up to date information on COVID-19 and what you can do, check out: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
CTWC Health Officer
Dr. Alan Whipple
Rita Mercer, ARNP
Prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus and protect yourself and family while sheltering in place. Here are recommended ways to clean and disinfect your home:
Since Wednesday, March 18th:
• Chehalis Tribal Wellness Center (CTWC) will be for sick/urgent care visits only. To limit your exposure to possible COVID-19, if we are able to manage your concerns from home, we will make every effort to do that so please call the clinic first.
• If anyone is sick with cough or cold symptoms, we are requesting that you call the clinic FIRST for additional instructions.
• When you arrive for your visit, a staff member will greet you at the door to ask you several screening questions, some families will be asked to remain in their vehicles where an exam can be conducted. This is in an effort to protect you, the community, and our staff by limiting the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your support.
• Chehalis Tribal Wellness Center will attempt to address chronic medical needs by telehealth to the extent we are able during this time.
More resources to help keep you and your loved ones safe: