Home » Planning Department

Planning Department

Long Range and Strategic Plans:

The Planning Department works closely with tribal members and the reservation community in developing and implementing long range & strategic plans on behalf of the Chehalis Tribe.




Business Licensing

The Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation requires all businesses operating within the reservation boundaries, or on tribally-owned fee or trust land, to have a valid tribal business license. This includes businesses based in other cities that enter the Chehalis Reservation as part of their work such as, contractors, consultants and small vendor and merchants. Even companies with a temporary presence require a business license.

To obtain a tribal business license please complete the form below and deliver to the Chehalis Tribe Planning Department along with the $50.00 annual license fee. A tribal business license is good within the current calendar year of issue; from January 1st to December 31st. All businesses must renew the business license annually.

Transportation Planning

Transportation Planning is performed within the Planning Department including responsibility for the Indian Reservation Roads (IRR) inventory program, the Tribal Transportation Improvement Plan, road construction and maintenance, sidewalk construction, public transportation.





All persons conducting any of the following construction and related activities within the boundaries of the Chehalis Indian Reservation or on trust lands are required to obtain a permit from the Chehalis Indian Tribe including, but not limited to: Preparation of a site for the construction of a building; design and installation of septic systems; the construction of any new structure or construction that alters the exterior of an existing structure; road construction; construction or repair of culverts and drainage ditches; construction of any water or flood related project; dredging; drilling; dumping; filling; removal of any sand, gravel, or minerals; clearing and grading.

Residential construction, commercial construction and Special Use permits may be applied for at the Planning Department office in the Chehalis Tribal Center at 420 Howanut Rd, Oakville, WA 98568. Permit applications are approved by Chehalis Business Committee.

Any individual or firm who fails to obtain a permit as required under the ordinance be issued a notice of violation that may include an order to cease and desist (stop work order).

Interactive Zoning Map

Point-n-Click Zoning, Flood Zones, Sensitive Areas & hydro features for the Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation.

Click here for full-feature map. (Opens in a new window)

The Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation

Call information at +1 (360) 273-5911.
We can help you get in touch with the right party.