- Coordinates activities for ages 5 and older.
- Provide youth with Christmas and back-to-school gift cards.
- Summer Youth Program.
- Driver’s Education cost assistance.
- Youth activities cost assistance up to $1,000.
- Youth Tournament(s) cost assistance.
The Community & Culture director is now the contact for assistance with eligible funeral allowances for the family. An assigned contact will help families through the process of securing funding allowance, submitting appropriate receipts and paperwork and ensuring check request for expenses are submitted. All checks will be made to the vendor.
Eligibility allows for funeral expenses up to:
- $7,500 for a Chehalis Tribal Member (*Along with a dinner check of $500).
- $1,500 for a spouse or child of Tribal Member.
- $750 for a parent of a Chehalis Tribal Member.
- $300 for a community member (upon prior approval from the Business Committee).
Funeral Travel funding allowances are now under the Funeral Fund Policy.
Funeral Travel assistance:
This may be granted to Chehalis Tribal members to attend a funeral for the passing of a loved one. Assistance cannot exceed two times in a calendar year. Flight cost assistance may be granted only after Business Committee prior approval. Flight cost assistance cannot exceed one time in a calendar year. No other travel assistance may be offered if flight cost assistance is received that year. The applicant must provide mileage for travel assistance from travel start point to funeral service location to determine assistance amount permissible under this policy.
Eligibility allowances for Funeral Travel:
- 51 to 100 miles round-trip –$25 gas card.
- 101 to 149 miles round-trip –$50 gas card.
- 150 + miles round-trip –$100 gas card.
- Flight: $500 flight. Only one time per calendar year (upon approval from the Business Committee).